Monster Making Summer School for Teens - 20th-24th August 2018
*FUNDING AVAILABLE!!* YOU could be eligible for funding for this course! Want to learn more?
The Princes Trust - Our Development Awards can help to cover costs such as: course fees, transport or equipment to help you achieve your plan to get into education, training or employment. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can receive up to £500.
Thomas Wall Trust - Thomas Wall Trust can now provide small grants to assist people with the cost of training courses that improve their chances of employment. The trust offers assistance to help people overcome barriers to work and study, the barriers must be more than just financial implication of studying. Grants do not usually exceed £1,000 and may be offered towards fees, equipment or any other relevant study costs.
Northern Ireland's ONLY Prosthetics/ SFX Training for Teens!
WHEN: Mon 20th to Fri 24th August 2018 - 9.30am to 5pm
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME? This course is essential for ANY young artist who has a flair and interest for prosthetic and SFX makeup, you don't need any previous experience at all - Just a real passion to learn all about it!
TCM are delighted to announce we are bringing back the popular Prosthetic Makeup Summer School for 13-17 year olds - the only course of its kind in Northern Ireland. Running at our studio here in Belfast from 20th to 24th August 2018. Currently there is a deficit of opportunity for training here in Northern Ireland for artists wanting to work in this field. Titanic Creative Management exists to bridge this gap in provision. The film industry here is booming, young people are the future of this industry and we want to open up the possibilities for them to explore a career in prosthetic and SFX make-up.
This summer school will offer just 12 young people aged 13-17 years experience in the field of prosthetic and specialist make-up for TV and film.
- Meet and greet
- Using direct applied methods
- Cuts and scabs
- Working in groups students will design their ultimate monster. Working together they will create a backstory and character brief and start to create their appliances. There will be a number of additional moulds available to them that will be provided by the tutor to aid them
- Sculpting character appliances – one small flat mould per student
- Clay, sculpting tools, 1 tile each, plaster
- Students will mould their flat moulds in plaster and cast them in gelatin
- Students will have a practical demonstration of application techniques. Students will apply their appliances
- Creating the look - students will spend the day in their groups planning and making props/hair pieces/costume for their final monster look
- Presentation day – Students will spend all day in there groups creating their ultimate monster using all the elements from the week. At the end of the day, models will be photographed and shown to the parents as students present their work, completing the courses.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for any young artist wanting to pursue a career in this field.
By the end of this intensive week students will have covered all the processes involved with making and applying a prosthetic appliance whilst also getting a real insight into what it is like to work as a prosthetic and SFX artist in the industry.
We are only 15mins from Belfast City Airport and have discounted accommodation options: Click Here
We Also Recommend